There is no better way to give back to your community and have fun doing it than by becoming a Bainbridge Half Marathon volunteer! It is only through the efforts of hundreds of volunteers that the Bainbridge Half Marathon can happen. Enjoy the satisfaction of helping to promote healthy living and to aid in raising money to help our Memorial Hospital purchase medical equipment. Every volunteer receives a FREE Bainbridge Half Marathon t-shirt, and a goody bag with coupons and giveaways from local sponsors. There are volunteer opportunities in the weeks leading up to the event, on the day of the expo and on race day with most volunteer activities only requiring a commitment of 6 hours or less. Help us to put on this fun event by volunteering. Please send an email with your name, telephone number, shirt size and when you can be available to Leslie Stone.
There are volunteer positions for every type of person - whether you want to be at the center of the competition or behind the scenes. It’s also a great way for families, clubs, and civic groups to participate in a great community event. For students looking to earn community service hours, volunteering earns both hours and a free shirt! Below are the many categories of volunteer help needed. Please decide on your top three areas when you send your contact information email to Leslie Stone.
1. Expo Operations Assist in set up and organization
2. Expo Packet PickupHand out numbers, shirts and packets
3. Information Booth Answer questions from participants, volunteers and spectators
4. Start Line Operations Help collect runners' bags and redistribute
5. Course Marshall Keep runners on course and ensure safety and fun
6. Finish Line Operations Assist staff in finish area operations
7. Set-up/Tear Down Assist with the set up and tear down of all start and finish line functions.
8. Finish Line Assist runners and handing out finisher medals.
9. Runner Hospitality Area Organize and distribute food and to runners and volunteers.
10. Spirit Stations Organize your neighborhood, company, group or family and friends to have a spirit station on the course to cheer on the runners.
11. Water/Aid Stations Aid in the setup, manning, tear down of the aid stations along the course.
12. Any Way I Can Help with any area that needs assistance